I. Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information collected, used and disclosed by AdThrive, LLC (“Company”, “us,” “we” or “our”) when you access or use the website or mobile applications provided by us (collectively, the “Site”). This Privacy Statement does not govern our collection of personal information through any website, mobile application, blog or other means, other than through the Site.
By using the Site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, our practices surrounding the collection, use, and sharing of personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not access, browse, or use the Site.
We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement whenever you use or access the Site to stay informed about our personal information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
II. Personal Information We Collect
- Information You Give Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register for an AdThrive account or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information we may collect from you may include:
- Account Information: When you create an account on the Site, you are required to provide information such as your name, e-mail address, site name, site URL, Google Analytics traffic data. You may also be asked to provide a user name and password.
- Insider Video Chat Footage. If you choose to be featured on our insider video chat footage, your image and chat footage may be recorded for posting and display on the Site.
- Additional Information: Additional information that you provide to us, including through, comments and feedback, emails or answers to surveys or questionnaires that you may submit.
We may collect certain information about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information. When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, your computer operating system, mobile device and mobile operating system, name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links. The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- URLs. When you visit or access the Site, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Site. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Site.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Site, to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
- Aggregate Information. We may compile certain personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of people who have visited the Site and other user demographics. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually.
III. How We Use Personal Information
Personal information collected through the Site may be used by us and our affiliates for purposes of:
- Managing your account and providing any other services you select through the Site;
- Responding to your questions and feedback;
- Contacting you, whether by email, postal mail, or telephone with information about the Site, our products, or our services;
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve the Site and our services;
- Ensuring the technical functions of our network;
- Improving and customizing the content and layout of the Site;
- Developing new products and services; or
- Compiling personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis.
IV. Personal Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Site, except as described below:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Such services may include online ad platforms and vendors, website hosting, marketing, and website usage analytics. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide. For example, if you provide us content for insider video chat footage, you consent to our posting and distribution of such content through the Site.
- Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Site if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
V. Aggregate Information
We may compile personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of users who have registered for the Site, demographic information about users of the Site, and individual purchase preferences. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually. We may use aggregate information and share aggregate information with third parties for any of the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement, and for any other lawful purpose.
VI. Your Choices
- Information You Provide
- Communications From Us
- Do Not Track
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on the Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to establish an account on the Site, which may limit your access to certain functions of the Site.
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding the Site, you may indicate this preference by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Site does not honor “do not track” signals or other mechanisms. However, as described in more detail in Section II.B of this Privacy Statement, you can configure your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent.
VII. Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on or through the Site. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
VIII. A Special Note about Children
Children are not eligible to use the Site, and we ask that minors (children under the age of 18) not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use the Site only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
IX. External Links
X. Special Admonitions for International Use
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States of America, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States of America. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part of the Site, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
XI. Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change or update the Site or any of our policies and procedures in our sole discretion. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by providing notice through the Site or updating the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. Your continued use of the Site signifies your continued assent to the terms of this Privacy Statement, as updated or amended at that time.
XII. Questions Regarding this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of August 24, 2016.
Last Updated 8/24/16