How does it work?
Getting started with AdThrive is a three-step process:
- First, we’ll gather some info on your site. Every decision we make is based on data and research and is customized for your site. We’ll look into your ad earnings history, your reader demographics and more, and do an in-depth analysis of how things have worked for you so far. (We’ll do all the work here; we make it easy on you!) We’ll also suggest new and different ad locations and layouts for your site. You’ll be free to accept or reject those suggestions so your ads align with your goals.
- With all that data and your preferences in hand, we’ll design a custom layout for your site. If you have any superstar ad networks that are working well for you, we’ll keep them in place. Otherwise, we’ll replace them with higher-paying ads. We have relationships with all the best advertisers and have negotiated better rates than most publishers can get on their own. We’ll set everything up for you, remove your old ads and install the new ones. It’s completely hands-off for you.
- Once everything’s set up, we’ll monitor things on an ongoing basis, adjusting which advertisers serve on your site and suggesting changes along the way. You do less work and collect more cash.
Who is eligible for AdThrive?
To keep our network top-notch and the earnings as high as possible for everyone, we look for sites that fit all of these characteristics:
- They have Google Analytics installed and running, and have a minimum of 100,000 monthly pageviews.
- They get a majority of their traffic from the U.S.
- They publish unique, original, awesome content.
- They aren’t blacklisted with Google for past advertising infringements
- Our advertisers dig them and approve them for their ads.
Will you make big changes to my site without telling me?
Absolutely not. When we first set up your blog, we’ll make recommendations for your ad placements, but we won’t make any visual changes without your permission. Once the placements are optimized, most of our work will involve optimizing which advertisers appear in those slots – changes that won’t be visible to your readers.
Will my data be shared?
Your data will only be shared in the aggregate – for example, we might say that AdThrive clients as a whole gain an average x% increase. In order to sell your ads for the most money and help you make more cash, your site stats and data may be shared with potential advertisers. Other than that, it stays within AdThrive. The security of your login info, however, is critical to AdThrive. It’s saved in an encrypted, password protected file, and will never be shared outside of AdThrive.
What type of increases should I expect to see?
Every blog is different, so there’s no way to say for sure what you’ll gain specifically, but of the blogs that we’ve optimized for more than a month, the average increase has been between 100-300%. Your increase will depend on how optimized your ads are already, your readers demographics and the ad layout you opt into.
How long will it take to see an increase?
Most people see increases starting the day after we set them up. Some sites take a few weeks and some trial and error to get fully set up, but the majority of blogs will see increases within a day or two of setup.
What does AdThrive’s service include?
☑ Free DFP setup, installation and ongoing adjustments
☑ Access to our fancy dashboard, where you can view and monitor all your ad income in one place, plus see traffic stats and more
☑ Installation of your new ads and access to support by a team of pros
☑ Access to our exclusive ad network and premium campaigns
☑ Exclusive partnership opportunities for additional revenue
☑ Peace of mind: no more worrying about your ads! Get back to focusing on creating that epic content and let us take care of the rest.
How much does it cost?
How does “free” sound? We are paid through our ad network, by negotiating higher CPMs with advertisers and splitting a portion of that increase with our bloggers. There’s never any out-of-pocket expense and you’ll never pay us a cent. It’s a pretty sweet win-win!
What’s AdThrive’s revenue share?
Most ad networks keep around 30-50%, but we only keep between 5-25% and pass on the rest to you. It’s one of the best, most favorable revenue shares for publishers in the industry. Most campaigns serve at 75% to you, but we occasionally have some campaigns where we pass on as much as 95% to our publishers.
Are the ads family-friendly?
Yes! One of the things we love most about our jobs is that we get to help make the internet a little bit safer. We have the most conservative filter settings on all our ads, but just like with all ad networks, occasionally one of our providers will have an issue with their filters and something we don’t like will get through. If that ever happens, we immediately dig in, figure out who served it and get it blocked. It’s a major priority for us to keep everything very family-friendly.
I filled out the form. What happens next?
We’ll add you to our waiting list. Currently there’s a high demand but we’re working through the sites in front of you quickly. When we reach your turn on the waiting list, we’ll send you an email with next steps. If you filled out the form and did not receive an email confirming that we received it, shoot us an email and we’ll double check for you.
I’m on the waiting list now. Is there anything I can be doing to prepare in the meantime?
Nope! You won’t need any additional ad networks than what you have right now. You can just sit tight and work on growing that traffic so you make even more when the time comes!
What’s the catch?
Um… we got nothin’. There’s no long-term contract and you can opt out at any time… but we don’t think you’ll want to.
I have more questions that haven’t been answered here, what should I do?
No problem, send us a note and we’ll be happy to answer it for you.