Welcome to “Creativity & Data”, a new AdThrive Insights series that will show you how to tap into data to strengthen your creative muscles.
Whether you’d refer to yourself as a content creator, a publisher, a blogger, or an influencer, you’ve carved out a unique business online centered on the content you share with the world. The internet is a better place for the perspective you bring to the table. And people — hundreds, thousands, millions of them — live happier, more informed lives enriched by the content you create.
Every moment of creativity is a decision for your business. How you spend your time, where you allocate your resources.
You can make these decisions based on instinct or inspiration. Many do and can be hugely successful. Hopefully, though, you’re making these decisions based on data.
Data is the secret ingredient to unlocking your FULL creative potential. Data guides you when the world changes, dramatically, and you’re not quite sure how to pivot. When you’re trying to decide what to create or where to focus, data comes to the rescue.
How the Creativity & Data series works
This seven-part series will empower you to get out of creative ruts, especially if you are running into blockades with everything going on in the world right now.
We’ll dive into:
- The creative process and frameworks for thinking creatively
- How Google Trends can help you identify content opportunities
- Using keyword research tools like SEMrush and Google Keyword Planner to flesh out inklings of ideas
- Where to find industry research and how to follow the data to support your readers’ shifting interest
- Ways to use social media to pinpoint and take advantage of trends
- “Creative hacking” — tactical approaches to jumpstart your creativity
- Resources for your Creativity & Data toolkit, so you always have your next steps at your fingertips
From Monday, August 3 to Monday, October 26, 2020, you’ll find biweekly posts here on the AdThrive blog with an introduction to the lesson, a video walkthrough, and a PDF workbook you can download and complete.
You can also sign up to have each Creativity & Data post sent straight to your inbox, so you have all the course materials in one place.
[Part 1] Intro to Data
Today, we’ll start with a foundation for both creativity and data, taking a look at how you’re currently using data for your content creation — plus a brainstorming exercise…
Step 1: Watch the Intro to Data video
Step 2: Download and complete the Intro to Data workbook
In our next installment of the Creativity & Data series, we explore how to use Google Trends to uncover valuable insights on keywords and topics for shaping your content strategy. Check out Part 2: Google Trends right here!