With detailed responses from hundreds of consumers, the 2020 AdThrive Holiday Study is jam-packed with insights on exactly what your readers are looking for this holiday season.
Our insights team surveyed 500 women, aged 18-54, to understand their plans for the holiday season and how COVID-19 is shaping this years’ celebrations, shopping, food, decorating, and travel.
“Home for the holidays” is taking on a whole new meaning this year! Drill down into major trends and differences compared to last year for lightbulb moments as you research, create, frame, and promote your content this holiday season.
Whether you’re looking for bite-sized infographics or an in-depth analysis of the study results + additional industry research, you’ll find lots of helpful info below!
Here’s what you’ll find:
- 2020 holiday trend highlights: Celebrations
- When we’ll see celebration planning really start to take off
- The faceoff between in-person and virtual events
- How the pandemic is shifting time-honored traditions
- How COVID is affecting the sizes of holiday gatherings
- 2020 holiday trend highlights: Gifts
- How gift budgets are shifting in 2020 & one area where gift spending is extra high
- The factors driving holiday gift spending this year
- The top gifts your readers are interested in
- 2020 holiday trend highlights: Food
- Who’s cooking this holiday season?
- Nostalgia & tradition vs. exploration & novelty
- Recipe difficulty levels + reader interest
- 2020 holiday trend highlights: Home & decor
- How the pandemic is affecting interest in holiday decorating
- The role of nostalgia
- 2020 holiday trend highlights: Travel
- Who’s traveling this holiday season, and how are they getting there?